Is your church beginning to plan a Christmas musical/production? How about delivering gift bags while Christmas carolling? Crossway has creative and cost-effective way to help churches, para-ministries, and individuals engage in missional activity in a pro-active way. When your friends or neighbors open up these bags, I feel the two most important items they will find are an invitation, and a small outreach edition of the New Testament. The tract and the temporary access to an online bible for 30 days are what I’d consider throw-aways.
What type of events might the invitation be used for? Perhaps the annual Christmas production or musical, the Christmas Eve service, a home-group meeting, or even for coffee in your own home? I can also see how churches engaging in missional outreach might want to deliver these little gift bags by hand within their surrounding community, or if they’re not home, visitors may even hang them onto the doors at friends’ homes during a home visitation or during Christmas carolling. But it’s the personal invitation that will bring them out to a Christmas event at church. That is where the real personal outreach ministry happens.
These kits by Crossway contain:
- 50 Christmasy door-hanger bags
- 50 New Testaments (ESV) Christmas outreach editions
- 50 customizable invitations to attend a Christmas service at your church/ministry
- 50 copies of The Good News of Christmas tract by Max Lucado
- 50 cards giving 30-day access to the ESV Online Study Bible
- 1 instruction card
- 1 reproducible church bulletin insert