Robert Jimenez, from Wierdthinkers tagged me with the Bible meme. (I usually don’t do these meme things but here it is).
1. What translation of the Bible do you like best? Today’s New International Version (TNIV). Then in second place comes the New Living Translation (NLTse).
2. Old or New Testament? New Testament
3. Favorite Book of the Bible? Romans
4. Favorite Chapter? Romans 7
5. Favorite Verse? (feel free to explain yourself if you have to)
- Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God–this is true worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will. (Romans 12:1-2, TNIV)
6. Bible character you think you’re most like? Timothy, I think.
7. One thing from the Bible that confuses you?
Many things from the book of Revelation including ElShaddai’s interest in preterism.
8. Moses or Paul? Paul
9. A teaching from the Bible that you struggle with or don’t get?
The bible has so many stories where they kill the bad guys but if it was done today, they might be charged for genocide by the United Nations. Just because the bible says it, does it make it right?
10. Coolest name in the Bible? Quartus (Rom. 16:23). Sounds like a cross between Curtis and “quarter”.
Now, I’m suppose to tag five other people: